OFFICIAL RULES 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Planet Fitness Membership Upgrade Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on March 31, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older and Planet Fitness members as of February 28, 2017. Employees of Planet Fitness (“Sponsor”), Brand Connections (Administrator) its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (“Released Parties”), and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. All federal, state, municipal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, upgrade your Planet Fitness Membership to the Black Card Membership at a participating Planet Fitness location to be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Upgrade Entry” or “Entry”). Limit one Entry per person throughout the Promotion Period, regardless of method of Entry. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on March 31, 2017.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To enter without upgrading your Planet Fitness membership, send an email to PFpromos@brandconnections.com with the following information: your first and last name, street address, city, state/province, country, zip/postal code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), email address plus daytime and evening telephone numbers (“Email Entry” or “Entry”). Limit one Entry per person throughout the Promotion Period, regardless of method of Entry. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on March 31, 2017. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or any other methods will void that entrant's Entry and that entrant may be disqualified. Normal internet access and usage charges may apply. If you enter using your mobile phone, standard data rates may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 3, 2017 from among all eligible Entries received. Random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor’s representatives whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone/email on or about five (5) business days after the random drawing. The potential Grand Prize winner may be required to verify their address prior to delivery of prize or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Failure to reach a potential Grand Prize winner within this timeframe or return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. To be declared a winner, residents of Canada must correctly answer an arithmetical skill-testing question and execute a Declaration and Release Form to release Sponsor and its agencies and representatives from liability within 2 days of attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification
without further notice and an alternate winner will be selected.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: a trip to Hawaii that consists of: (a) two (2) round trip coach class air transportation tickets from an airport near the Grand Prize winner’s residence (in Sponsor’s discretion) to Waikiki, Hawaii; and (b) four (4) nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) at a hotel of Sponsor’s choice in Waikiki, Hawaii; and (c) one (1) gift card for five hundred dollars ($500). The total ARV for the Grand Prize is three thousand seven hundred and fifty dollars ($3,750). All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners, if applicable. Limit one prize per person. In the event that an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received to award all available prizes, Sponsor is not obligated to award any remaining prizes.
8. GENERAL RULES: Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and Entries by any means which subvert the Entry process are void. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. No mechanically reproduced Entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected Entries or Entries not received in time for the random drawing. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable. All applicable federal, state and local taxes/duties on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of prize not specified herein are
the sole responsibility of winner. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Entrants/winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice
will be posted at participating Planet Fitness locations and the drawing for all prizes will be conducted from among all eligible Entries received prior to termination. Proof of submitting Entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any Entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Sponsor reserves the right to make all decisions in its sole discretion arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, and the decisions by Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New Hampshire; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the
Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States of America and the State of New Hampshire, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the laws of the State of New Hampshire or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of New Hampshire.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by April 30, 2017, to: Planet Fitness Membership Upgrade Sweepstakes Winners c/o Brand Connections, LLC, 26 Patriot Place, Suite 104, Foxboro MA 02035 Canadian residents need not affix return postage.
12. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Planet Fitness, 26 Fox Run Road, Newington, NH 03801.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & DC, Puerto Rico and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years or older and Planet Fitness members as of 2/28/2017. Void in Quebec and where prohibited. Starts 12:00 AM ET on 3/1/2017 & ends 11:59 PM ET on 3/31/2017. For complete details, see Official Rules on display at a participating Planet Fitness location.